Herbal Medicine can be employed by people of any age or constitution. Your
practitioner will take any previous or current illness or medication into account before providing treatment.
Children and pregnant women can be, and commonly are, cared for by Herbal Medicine.
Herbal Medicine can understand and treat all forms of ill health. The results that can be
expected and the length of treatment required will depend on the severity of the disease, its duration and the
general health of the patient.
Herbal Medicine has a role to play in the treatment of the following conditions:
- Skin disease (e.g. eczema, psoriasis, acne, rosacea, urticaria)
- Gastro-intestinal disorders (e.g. IBS, chronic constipation)
- Gynaecological conditions (e.g. pre-menstrual syndrome, infertility)
- Chronic Fatigue Syndrome (CFS) / Myalgic Encephalomyelitis (ME)
- Respiratory conditions (e.g. asthma, allergic and perennial rhinitis and sinusitis)
- Rheumatological conditions (e.g. osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis)
- Urinary conditions including chronic cystitis
- Psychological problems (e.g. depression, anxiety)
(The Register of Chinese Herbal Medicine, 2015)